It’s time to celebrate! Not only a great 2014, but also our 2nd anniversary after the first official V-Play 1.0 release. We’d like to thank you, our V-Play customers & great developer community! You helped us improving V-Play and make it a world-class tool for cross-platform game and app creation.
Read on for a short but intense recap what happened this year, what the future will bring and to hear about our Anniversary SALE.
2014 Highlights of V-Play
Here are the highlights:
- #1 Cross-Platform Tool: V-Play is selected the best tool by more than 2,000 app & game developers world-wide in the categories easiest to learn, biggest time savings and best support. V-Play beats other tools like Unity or Corona in these categories which marks the result of ongoing product improvement.
- #1 Google Ranking for Flappy Bird Source Code & Tutorial: After the original Flappy Bird got removed from the app stores, we have been the first engine world-wide to provide the full source code and a tutorial how to make your own Flappy Bird game. It just took us a single day to do that – that shows how rapid game development gets real with V-Play.
- Qt Technology Partner: We are now official partners of The Qt Company and continue to improve the Qt ecosystem and help Qt developers be more productive.
- V-Play 2 – A New Major Release: This release marks a big milestone! It is based on Qt 5 and has a much greater performance and adds many more features & benefits.
- V-Play Qt 5 Plugins: You can now use our standalone Qt plugins for app monetization with in-app purchases, mobile ads, analytics and Facebook support without the core game engine. This allows any Qt 5 app to use the plugins without the engine dependency. This also means you get updates of plugins earlier, as they are decoupled from the game engine.
- App Development Support: V-Play is not only a great tool for 2D games now, but also for cross-platform app development. No matter if you want to create games, business apps or educational apps – you can do it all with V-Play!
You can look forward to exciting times ahead of us – we are working hard to release these additions to V-Play:
- Multiplayer: You will be able to make multiplayer games in no time.
- More V-Play Qt 5 Plugins: Remote Push Notifications, V-Play Game Network and other plugins will be available soon.
- More game templates, tutorials, videos: We often hear our sample games & tutorials help you the most to develop a game rapidly. So we will add more of these for popular game types like Quiz games, Jump n’ Runs or Clash of Clans-like games.
- Game Launcher: With so many demo games & examples available, it can be a bit difficult to get a quick overview what helps you for your project. That’s why we’ll merge them to a fancy single app, where you can try them all within seconds and pick the games and examples that matter to your project most.
- Website Improvements: Do you want to make a platformer game? A business app? A side-scroller? With the next iteration of the V-Play website you’ll be able to easily find the resources that matter in these and similar use cases the most.
To thank you and celebrate the last year, we offer an Anniversary SALE until January 9th.
We wish you a successful 2015 with many new awesome games!
All the best from the V-Play Team