Today we announce something … BIG.
V-Play with full Qt 5 support is here!
How this will benefit you? In many ways, just read on and find out…
The V-Play Journey
This was the reason why we combined the power of QML for game logic with Cocos2d-x, a C++ based rendering engine. This allowed us to release a high-performance game engine on top of Qt years before Qt officially supported iOS & Android.
Now, two years later, things have changed: Qt 5.2 is the first release with better rendering performance than Cocos2d-x, full iOS support and Qt in general evolves rapidly thanks to the new owner Digia.
Qt is getting better with every update both in performance and supported platforms. And starting from today you, our V-Play customers and community, can enjoy that!
First V-Play 2.0 Release with Qt 5 Support Available Today
V-Play 2.0 with full Qt 5 support is now available for all V-Play licensees. See here how to download it if you already have a Pro license. Or upgrade now and benefit from the currently lower prices until tomorrow, Friday 11th of April.
These are your key benefits with the new Qt 5 release:
- Deploy locally to your iOS or Android device from Qt Creator, including on-device debugging
- Add any native C++ / Obj-C / Java code or native libraries to your V-Play projects
- Full support of all Qt 5 components
- Windows Phone 8 will be supported soon (when Qt 5.3 is released)
Additional V-Play Benefits for Qt 5
If you already have a Qt 5 based game, now is the time to switch to V-Play and benefit from the Full Gaming API of V-Play powering hundreds of games. Your key benefits are:
- Increase your player retention and game downloads with V-Play Game Network in 10 minutes
- In-game Level Editor to cut level creation and balancing times
- Add user-generated content and level sharing to make a game your players will love
- Entity & Component system
- Content scaling & dynamic image switching that makes it easy to support multiple resolutions
- And lots of other gaming components helping you to make your game faster
And of course as part of V-Play you can use our leading Qt plugins that enable you to:
- Monetize your game with cross-platform in-app purchases, AdMob & Chartboost ads or a Level Store
- Constantly improve your game with Flurry analytics
- Make your game social with V-Play Game Network including support for Facebook and GameCenter
As we have announced last week, we will raise prices for all V-Play licenses with this major update. You still have 24 hours to benefit from the lower prices at the moment and upgrade here:
As a V-Play customer, you have access to V-Play 2.0 and can access the first full sample game we have ported to Qt 5: Chicken Outbreak! See here how to download V-Play and use our Qt 5 forum to give your vote on the remaining porting steps of the V-Play Game API. The forum also explains how easy it is to port your existing V-Play 1.0 games to the new version.
Join us in this new era of V-Play and Qt and become a V-Play Pro today – we’re here to help you grow your games!