Forums

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)No sound on iPad › Reply To: No sound on iPad

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)No sound on iPad › Reply To: No sound on iPad

Martin

Actually, it is a little bit of a trap for “young players”  (not that I’m actually young).

The iPad has a little button at the top-right-rear, which is “Silence Ringer”.     When you switch it, it says “Ringer Silent”.

Well…. unbeknown to me, that button silences the game sound as well as notifications.

I do recall switching that switch “on” when I first got the device, because at that time it was for my parents, and they didn’t want to be getting rings (they weren’t expecting any anyhow).

When I got no sound from my game, I tried other ways of getting sound: I went to YouTube for example.   That still works even with the “silence” button on, which is why I thought it was the “game’s fault” that there was no sound.

The other day, I noticed that button again for some reason and a light bulb dinged on….

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving