Forums

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)Particle Question › Reply To: Particle Question

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)Particle Question › Reply To: Particle Question

Alex
V-Play Team

Hi,

I just saw that we didn’t document one very important property of the ParticleVPlay item, which is the target property.

If you use ParticleVPlayBase.Free then we need to prevent movements of the emitting item to influence the particles. To do this, the ParticleVPlay item needs to know the item that is moving, to get it’s x,y and rotation values in order to eliminate them. By default, the target is the parent item of the ParticleVPlay item. In your case, this is not the player I guess? So you would need to set the target property to player.

And the second thing you are experiencing is indeed a bug, and is caused by using the rotation property. This one is not working at the moment, you need to use the angle property instead, which is unfortunately also not documented… I’m very sorry for that.

Cheers,
Alex

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Alex.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Alex.

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving