This has definitely been a weird one…
I have finally managed to use the package manager.
1. copying the user repo details into a temporary repo,
2. selecting ‘use temporary only’.
At which point, V-play appeared in the packages list.
One or two points of interest in the –verbose logs.
“Unable to open translated license file. Using untranslated fallback.”
“Network error while downloading target ‘C:/Users/ross/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.bb0952’. Error: Connection closed.”
No idea what they mean, but other than those there seemed to be nothing meaningful.
Unfortunately, I closed the log window after that, and now that v-play is installed it is harder to test installing again.
Anyway, I hope that helps you identify the problem.
FYI: nothing appeared in the logs when I simply clicked test with the user or temp repos selected.