Forums

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)SoundEffectVPlay performance issue › Reply To: SoundEffectVPlay performance issue

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)SoundEffectVPlay performance issue › Reply To: SoundEffectVPlay performance issue

Christian
V-Play Team

Hi Jan,

@Id Concatenation

I was thinking about this topic a bit more over the weekend, and think the current solution is fine. The id will be reused if it is not in the existing entities list, and if there already exists an entity with that name, a “_” is appended to show there is a (probably unwanted) duplication of entity ids. Can you maybe post an example how you are using the entity creation and what your expected output would be?

@Entity Component System

Can you share a link to the slides or the presentation? I didn’t see that one at Dev Days this year.

What would you like to achieve with the ECS, i.e. what is your use case?

@Audio Performance

I recommend using 2 or 3 duplicate SoundEffectVPlay items and using a custom Audio Manager, if you need short-lasting audio files that may overlap. That way, you avoid having to stop them and have better performance.

Cheers, Chris

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving