Forums

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)SoundEffectVPlay performance issue › Reply To: SoundEffectVPlay performance issue

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)SoundEffectVPlay performance issue › Reply To: SoundEffectVPlay performance issue

Jan

Hey Chris,

yes I tried pooling, It definitely relaxed the situation, but start/stop on 10-15 entities with Soundeffects also already teared down the update rate on the iPad.

And I had issues with pooling:

• Not so important, but it cluttered my debug output, that I could not see my own debug output anymore(one could see it as a sign of weakness, but I need it on a regular basis :-) )
  • more important, revived entries did not get back their old IDs,┬áin which case the entityManager seems to concatenate the old ID by underscores. This can result in IDs with serveral dozens of underscore. I did not analyze it, but it felt like getting slower over time. And apart of that it additionally clutters the debug output.

Therefore I did set up my own pool in JavaScript which also allowed me to access all entities in the same event loop. This is actually something, that is missing in your ECS approach: having systems, that can iterate over all entities, that contain certain components.

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving