yes I tried pooling, It definitely relaxed the situation, but start/stop on 10-15 entities with Soundeffects also already teared down the update rate on the iPad.
And I had issues with pooling:
- Not so important, but it cluttered my debug output, that I could not see my own debug output anymore(one could see it as a sign of weakness, but I need it on a regular basis )
- more important, revived entries did not get back their old IDs, in which case the entityManager seems to concatenate the old ID by underscores. This can result in IDs with serveral dozens of underscore. I did not analyze it, but it felt like getting slower over time. And apart of that it additionally clutters the debug output.