Forums

OverviewV-Play Plugins SupportChartboost SDK › Reply To: Chartboost SDK

OverviewV-Play Plugins SupportChartboost SDK › Reply To: Chartboost SDK

Mathias

Hi maysalward,

Thanks a lot for your reply. While your suggestions did not help with the crashing problem, pointing out LIBS += -lChartboostPlugin helped me with another chartboost problem I have been struggling with for a long time: https://v-play.net/developers/forums/t/problems-with-chartboost-plugin/

This was NOT mentioned anywhere in the chartboost plugin integration documantation, here or here, and its absence will produce the following error:

AndroidRuntime(28601): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application net.vplay.helper.VPlayApplication: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.vplay.helper.VPlayApplication

The crashing problem still how ever remains. Commenting out the following

//shouldRequestInterstitial:true

//shouldDisplayInterstitial:true

has no affect on the crashing in my experience. It just disables interstitial, which is what I want to use in the first place.

Delete buildfolder, clean all, restart qt creator, run qmake are all tricks I’ve tried but do not affect the problem. The crashing happens randomly at start of the game. If the game starts chartboost works perfectly. Even if the game crashes when I first build it, I can try to reopen it using the icon. If it randomly opens everything works fine, but most of the time it crashes. This happens with my game as well as with the v-play chartboost demo. I’m using the chartboost.jar from the demo project found in github.

I believe there is a bug in the current version of the v-play chartboost pluging, causes a segmentation fault and crashes game at startup. This is out of my reach.

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving