I solved the problem. As it turns out, it was a font creation problem and not a v-play problem. Here’s the story.
I had created the font with coreldraw. The font opened in windows, but the characters that were not implemented did not show correctly. Instead another symbol was displaying in their place.
When I tried opening the font in linux, the font viewer was showing this symbol everywhere, unlike windows. As if the font was not implemented at all!
I opened the font with fontforge in linux and I generated the font again. The generated font shows correctly both in linux and in windows and what’s even more important in Android!