Forums

OverviewV-Play 1 SupportChange CustomData of JSON Level › Reply To: Change CustomData of JSON Level

OverviewV-Play 1 SupportChange CustomData of JSON Level › Reply To: Change CustomData of JSON Level

wimmer92

Thanks for your Answer Chris !,

in my case i don’t need a Levelbase. I basically just want to override an existing entry in a json level with a new one.

For Example:

I have a json level called TestLevel.json which looks like: {“entityData”:{},”editableComponentData”:{},”levelMetaData”:…..,”customData”:{“customValue”:10}}

Now i want to override the value of customValue by calling with 5 so that my TestLevel.json looks like the following after this call:

{“entityData”:{},”editableComponentData”:{},”levelMetaData”:…..,”customData”:{“customValue”:5}}

Is there a way to that ? Cause the following code, just overrides the authorgenerated levels.

levelEditor.saveCurrentLevel({customData: { customValue: customValue}});

For authorgenerated levels this works perfectly, but I want to override a real entry in my json file

Cheers,

Thomas

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving