Forums

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)[Feedback] Documentation of lazy-loaded components › Reply To: [Feedback] Documentation of lazy-loaded components

OverviewV-Play 2 Support (Qt 5)[Feedback] Documentation of lazy-loaded components › Reply To: [Feedback] Documentation of lazy-loaded components

Nathan

Ahh, that makes sense. I also note that NavigationItem inherits Tab, which could have been a hint (since Qt’s Tab documentation emphasizes that Tabs are lazy-loaded), but I didn’t follow that link. It’s probably worth emphasizing on NavigationItem that it is lazy-loaded, and referencing the Tab docs for more info.

It appears that NavigationStack also lazy-loads its children, though, since in my original example (which was just a tweak from the example on the Navigation doc) I still can’t access listPage from an onSelected handler on its containing NavigationItem. I believe this is also the behavior of Qt Quick Controls’ StackView, if that’s what’s being used behind the scenes.

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving